Halloween - Pumpkin curry with chickpeas (serves 4/5)
Tower 8 in 1 Multi-cooker
- Peel and medium dice onions
- Bash lemongrass stalks
- Peel and medium dice pumpkin
- Rinse and drain chickpeas
- 2 tbspn rapeseed oil
- 3 tbspn yellow Thai curry paste
- 2 medium onions (diced)
- 2 lemongrass stalks (bashed)
- 6 cardamon pods
- 1 tbspn black mustard seeds
- 300mls veg stock (cube, fresh or paste)
- 1kg pumpkin (peeled and diced)
- 400 mls coconut milk
- 400g tin chickpeas
- 2 limes (just the juice)
- Large handful of mint leaves (chopped)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Add oil to multi cooker and turn switch to sauté/fry.
- Allow to heat for a minute or two and then add the curry paste, lemongrass, onions, cardamom and mustard seeds then fry together for several minutes.
- Add the pumpkin and coat with the paste and then add the stock and coconut milk.
- Bring to the simmer, then turn cooker on to stew function and allow curry to cook for approx. 20 minutes until pumpkin is cooked.
- Then add chickpeas and continue simmering for another 10 minutes.
- At this point squeeze over lime juice, adjust seasoning to taste and scatter with the chopped mint.
- Serve with boiled/steamed rice and naan breads.
31 October 2018
Did you like this post?