Posted in: Recipes
Fantastic Father's Day Feast: Salted Caramel Brownies DessertFather’s Day is just over a week away (Sunday 19 June) and we reckon that that there’s a decent chance that you’ve been a diligent son or daughter and bought a thoughtful gift to show your gratitude to your dear old dad this coming Sunday. If you haven’t though, it’s not the end of the world as here at Tower we’ve created this useful series to help you rustle up the perfect Father’s Day Meal for your dad. Our Fantastic Father’s Day Meal feature has been running since Thursday and so far we’ve shown you how to make a delicious starter (Creamy Garlic Mushrooms on Toast) and main (Grilled Steak and Sweet Potato Fries). Today we top things off with a decadent dessert in the form of Salted Caramel Brownies. Total time to table: Total Cost Per Serving: £0.34p Contains Nuts? No Suitable for Vegetarians? Yes Makes: 16 Ingredients 397g can caramel 200g unsalted butter (plus extra for greasing) 200g golden caster sugar 200g dark chocolate 130g plain flour 1 x tsp flaky sea salt (plus a little extra for decoration) 4 x medium eggs 50g cocoa powder Preparation
- Begin by preheating the oven to 180°c then grease and line a square traybake tin (23cm) with baking parchment.
- In a medium saucepan like the Tower 16cm Die Cast Sauce Pan melt the butter before adding the chocolate in small pieces. Remove the pan from the heat and wait for the chocolate to melt.
- In a small bowl, mix 175g of the caramel with 1 tsp sea salt. Place the remaining caramel into a separate bowl with the sugar and eggs, and beat with an electric hand mixer like the Tower 300W Stainless Steel Hand Mixer until smooth and silky.
- Add the chocolate and butter mixture and whisk until smooth. Combine the flour, cocoa and a generous pinch of salt then sift this on top of the chocolate mix. Beat until smooth.
- Pour half of the brownie mixture into the tin and level with a spatula. Spoon half of the salted caramel on top of the batter layer in thick, evenly spaced stripes. Add the rest of the brownie batter on top and gently smooth it out. Top with the rest of the caramel. Drag the tip of a knife through the caramel to make a feathered pattern on the top.
- Sprinkle generously with sea salt, then bake for 25-30 mins or until risen and with a firm crust on the top. Let the brownie cool completely in the tin.
- Cut into 16 equal squares and serve warm, topped with a scoop of good quality vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
Did you like this post?