Posted in: Recipes
Tower Healthy Quick Dish: Orange and Ginger Infused Duck BreastThis week we’ve been scouring the recipe archives here at Tower HQ to bring you a brand new recipe as part of our Tower Healthy Quick Dish Series. Over the next few months we’ll be sharing healthy, nutritious recipes that you can throw together in a matter of minutes, giving you plenty of mealtime inspiration for the whole family. Whether it’s a healthy swap for an old favourite, or a fresh new meal idea to spice up your dinner time, we’ve got you covered. This week we are bringing a healthy, flavoursome Orange and Ginger infused Duck Breast dish suitable for a dinner party or all of the family! Recommended appliances: Tower 8-in-1 Multi Cooker and Tower 28cm Forged Fry Pan Total Time to Table: 3 hours cooking time, 15 minutes preparation time (approximately) Total Cost per Serving: £1.57 Contains Nuts? No Suitable for Vegetarians? No Serves: 4 Ingredients
- 4 duck breasts
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Spring onion
- Pinch salt
- Pinch black pepper
- Ground ginger
- Garlic powder
- Whole grain rice
- Orange marmalade
- 1 Orange
- Season the duck breast with a pinch of salt, black pepper, ground ginger and garlic powder
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large frying pan (the Tower 28cm Forged Fry Pan would be ideal for this) and heat the duck breasts both sides for a couple of minutes
- Put the duck breasts in the slow cooker and slather half a jar of orange marmalade across the duck breasts, making sure it is evenly distributed across the meat (the Tower 8-in-1 Multi Cooker would be ideal for this).
- Add a cup of dry white wine to the slow cooker, then add a handful of stem ginger. Chop up two spring onions and then cut up a whole orange into segments and place into the slow cooker.
- Leave the ingredients you have added to the slow cooker to cook on high or the slow cooker setting on the Tower 8-in-1 Multi-Cooker for 3 hours.
- After around 3 hours, boil the rice for 15 minutes, take the duck out of the slow cooker, remove the fat and then serve!
Did you like this post?