Posted in: Recipes
Delicious Father's Day SkewersFather’s Day is next Sunday and offers folk young and old a great opportunity to show their gratitude dear old dad, and what better way to do so than by cooking a lovingly prepared meal! If the thought of stepping into the kitchen and donning the apron is a tad daunting though, don’t worry as we’ll provide you with the steps to create a delicious Honey & Mustard Coated Steak Skewers. Contains Nuts? No Suitable for Vegetarians? No Serves: 4
- 150g rib-eye beef (cut into thick strips and set on skewer)
- 85g mange tout (halved lengthways)
- 85g baby sweetcorn (halved lengthways)
- x 2 onions (quartered)
- x 4 cherry tomatoes
- x 2 green peppers (quartered)
- x 1tbsp soy sauce
- x 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of x 1 lime
- x 2tsp clear honey
- x 2tbsp whole grain mustard
- Fresh rocket (to garnish)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Turn your Tower Flavour Infusing Health Grill to Setting 3 (High) and allow it to heat whilst you cut the steak into thick strips (the 4.5-inch utility knife in this Tower 5 Piece Knife Set is ideal for this task).
- Next, rub the steak in one tablespoon of the olive oil, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, add to the grill and cook for around 1-2 minutes. Remove from the grill and set aside to keep warm.
- Heat a wok containing the remaining one tablespoon of olive oil, add the garlic and fry for one minute.
- Add the baby corn, mange tout, peppers and onions to the wok and fry for around 1 minute before adding the soy sauce, chilli flakes, lime juice and honey and cook for a further minute.
- Coat the steak with the whole grain mustard by submerging the skewers in the sauce in the wok. Once sufficiently coated, remove the steak skewers and place to one side.
- Build each skewer by placing once piece of veg, then one piece of steak, followed by another piece of veg, onto the skewer. Drizzle the remaining sauce over the lots and place the lot onto a serving plate and garnish with fresh rocket. To find out how to get the best out of your grill pan (including information on effective cleaning), check out our handy guide.