Courgetti, Pesto and Parmesan Salad
This week we’ve been scouring the recipe archives here at Tower HQ to bring you a brand new recipe as part of our Tower Healthy Quick Dish Series. Over the next few months we’ll be sharing healthy, nutritious recipes that you can throw together in a matter of minutes, giving you plenty of mealtime inspiration for the whole family. Whether it’s a healthy swap for an old favourite, or a fresh new meal idea to spice up your dinner time, we’ve got you covered.
This week we are bringing a healthy Courgetti, Pesto and Parmesan Salad suitable for all the family containing a few of your 5 a day!
Total Time to Table: 30 minutes
Contains Nuts? Yes
Suitable for Vegetarians? Yes
- 2 large courgettes
- 15 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 100g pine nuts (plus extra to garnish)
- 100g grated parmesan (plus extra to garnish)
- Large handful of fresh basil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon or lime
- Salt and pepper
- First, feed the courgettes through the Electric Spiralizer using the plunger to create spaghetti like spirals.
- Into the Problend Multi-Blender, add the pine nuts, grated Parmesan, basil, garlic and lemon juice, pulse until the ingredients begin to come together then gradually add the olive oil until the pesto is a thick but pourable consistency.
- Add the courgette spirals into a saucepan and cook on a low heat for 1-2 minutes to warm through, add the pesto and the tomatoes and stir until evenly coated.
- Cook for further minute, then serve.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese and a sprinkling of pine nuts.
Place into a bowl and enjoy!
Stay tuned to the Tower blog every Wednesday for more Tower Healthy Quick Dishes. If this recipe has had you reaching for your apron then be sure to take a look at our product pages before you do – we’ve a range of products at fantastic prices to help you create this dish and many more!