Posted in: Healthy Quick Dish
Courgetti, Pesto and Parmesan SaladThis week we’ve been scouring the recipe archives here at Tower HQ to bring you a brand new recipe as part of our Tower Healthy Quick Dish Series. Over the next few months we’ll be sharing healthy, nutritious recipes that you can throw together in a matter of minutes, giving you plenty of mealtime inspiration for the whole family. Whether it’s a healthy swap for an old favourite, or a fresh new meal idea to spice up your dinner time, we’ve got you covered. This week we are bringing a healthy Courgetti, Pesto and Parmesan Salad suitable for all the family containing a few of your 5 a day! Recommended appliances: Tower Health Electric Spiralizer and Tower Problend Multi-Blender Total Time to Table: 30 minutes Contains Nuts? Yes Suitable for Vegetarians? Yes Serves: 2 Ingredients
- 2 large courgettes
- 15 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 100g pine nuts (plus extra to garnish)
- 100g grated parmesan (plus extra to garnish)
- Large handful of fresh basil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon or lime
- Salt and pepper
- First, feed the courgettes through the Electric Spiralizer using the plunger to create spaghetti like spirals.
- Into the Problend Multi-Blender, add the pine nuts, grated Parmesan, basil, garlic and lemon juice, pulse until the ingredients begin to come together then gradually add the olive oil until the pesto is a thick but pourable consistency.
- Add the courgette spirals into a saucepan and cook on a low heat for 1-2 minutes to warm through, add the pesto and the tomatoes and stir until evenly coated.
- Cook for further minute, then serve.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese and a sprinkling of pine nuts.
Did you like this post?