Cook with the Kids this Summer, Day 1: Chocolate, Caramel and Peanut Funshake
Keep the little ones out of mischief with these super easy delicious recipes that will get all of the family cooking! From classic tasty pizzas to chocolate cupcakes, we will be sharing a recipe each day for the week that will keep the little ones occupied this summer!
First up in our Cooking with the Kids this Summer series are the super tasty Chocolate, Caramel and Peanut funshakes! This easy, fun recipe is sure to be a hit with the kids!
50g dark chocolate
200ml double cream
350g salted caramel ice cream
100g peanut butter
25g salted peanuts
25g caster sugar
Handful toffee popcorn
Kitchen tools/appliances needed:
Medium sized glass bowl
Ice cream scoop
- Melt 50g of dark chocolate into a bowl of a pan of simmering hot water, remove from heat and whisk in 100ml of double cream to make a smooth, glossy ganache and transfer to a piping bag
- Heat 25g of sugar into a small saucepan until it begins to caramelise, stir in the peanuts to coat in caramel and transfer to a tray to cool
- Place 350g of caramel ice cream into a blender, 50g of peanut butter and 250ml of milk into a blender and blend until smooth
- Line the inside of a glass with the chocolate ganache and pour in the milkshake
- Add whipped cream, a couple of scoops of ice cream, toffee popcorn and sprinkle the caramelised peanuts and fudge pieces
- Pop in your in straws and enjoy!
Keep an eye out for tomorrow’s recipe on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages and don’t forget to share your kitchen creations with us at #TowerKitchen