Posted in: Lifestyle
How to Throw an Alice in Wonderland Afternoon Tea PartyWith the release of the new Alice and Wonderland film hitting the cinemas, we wanted to share with you how to throw a unique Alice in Wonderland Afternoon Tea Party. Make delicious sweet and savoury delights for an eccentric tea party to excite friends and family. We will take you through a step by step guide on how to make different yummy treats to throw the perfect Mad Hatter's Tea Party. ‘Drink Me’ Raspberry Lemonade Recreate your very own delicious ‘Drink me’ potion by adding this recipe for Raspberry Lemonade into a milk bottle. Simple tie a handmade ‘Drink Me’ tag to the neck of the bottle and add a funky straw for a real fantasy treat. Ingredients: 1 cup sugar 1 cup of water 1 cup of lemon ¾ cup raspberries
- To make the syrup combine sugar with 1 cup of water in a saucepan. (our Tower 16cm Die Cast Grey Sauce Pan would be perfect for this)
- Place over medium heat and heat until the sugar has dissolved, occasionally stir
- Put the raspberries into a blender to create a puree
- Once the syrup has cooled, combine raspberries syrup with lemon juice and add to a pitcher
- Add 4-6 cups of cold water to create your ideal taste. Serve in milk bottles and add a ‘Drink Me’ tag to add a unique Alice in Wonderland touch
- Mix together the butter and sugar and then add the egg with an electric whisk like the Tower 300W Stainless Steel Hand Mixer.
- Then add the vanilla extract and begin to add the flour bit by bit to make a dough
- Put in the oven to on 190° heat and leave to bake for 10 minutes
- Once they are baked and have cooled down, decorate with icing into a playing card pattern
- Line a muffin tray with paper cases and preheat the oven to 180°c (our Tower 12 Cup Muffin Tin would be ideal for this)
- Mix the butter and sugar in a bowl with an electric whisk.
- In a seperate bowl, beat the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into the butter and sugar mixture and combine before adding the eggs. Mix until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and bake for 18-20 minutes
- Once baked, let them cool and then decorate a clock with icing
Did you like this post?